- Each set of short has a drawstring so they can be tightened to any waist size but we would recommend the size X-Small for waist sizes 26– 28, Small for 28-31, Medium for 31 – 33, Large for 34 – 37 and XL 38-40.
- What makes this product different:
- Made on request of a number of athletes looking for full leg buoyancy.
- Designed as an alternative to a pull buoy and give a more natural feeling whilst swimming
- Enhanced core support to aid with technique development.
- Comfort focused waistband
- The kickpants serve three main purposes:
- For novice or intermediate level swimmers the major factor which prevents them from swimming faster is the lack of core stability and leg kick. Their arm strength and technique is good but because they are not horizontal on the top of the water they create a lot of drag and ‘dead weight’ which makes it much harder to swim efficiently.
- With the buoyancy shorts the swimmer can get more used to swimming in the correct horizontal and streamlined position, so they start to build a ‘neural pattern’ of how they should feel in the water. This also allows the swimmer to concentrate on making a more effective leg kick and better forward glide with each stroke, without that ‘sinking leg’ feeling.
- With the extra buoyancy support, the swimmer can also focus more on the technique of their arm stroke, without the constant battle to keep the hips and legs in a high position in the water.
- Results have shown that over time a swimmer’s body position, speed and endurance can be significantly increased by training with buoyancy shorts
- Suitable for any level of triathlete who wants to refine their open water swimming technique whilst in a pool. Swimming in a wetsuit during a triathlon is very different to swimming without a wetsuit during a swimming race. The majority of your power needs to derive from your upper body whereas your legs and core provide the essential control. These kickpants help develop your open water swimming technique whilst in the pool, where wearing a full wetsuit would either be too hot or banned by the life-guards.
- This product concept has received hundreds of positive reviews from swimmers who have seen significant improvements in body position, speed and endurance by training with buoyancy shorts. Despite the great feeling they give a swimmer in the water it's best to only use these shorts during certain swim sets rather than the full session. Intended to be worn over your usual swimwear.