- Each set of short has a drawstring so they can be tightened to any waist size but we would recommend the size X-Small for waist sizes 26– 28, Small for 28-31, Medium for 31 – 33, Large for 34 – 37 and XL 38-40.
- Made from top quality smoothskin neoprene and are stitched and bonded just the same as a triathlon wetsuit. The shorts are designed using 3mm neoprene down the centre and 5mm neoprene down the sides. The 3mm provides the additional buoyancy whilst the 5mm side panels complement this by promoting hip rotation through each stroke.
- For novice or intermediate level swimmers the major factor which prevents them from swimming faster is the lack of core stability and leg kick. Their arm strength and technique are good but because they are not horizontal on the top of the water they create a lot of drag and ‘dead weight’ which makes it much harder to swim efficiently.
- With the buoyancy shorts the swimmer can get more used to swimming in the correct horizontal and streamlined position, so they start to build a ‘neural pattern’ of how they should feel in the water. This also allows the swimmer to concentrate on making a more effective leg kick and better forward glide with each stroke, without that ‘sinking leg’ feeling.
- With the extra buoyancy support, the swimmer can also focus more on the technique of their arm stroke, without the constant battle to keep the hips and legs in a high position in the water.
- Results have shown that over time a swimmer’s body position, speed and endurance can be significantly increased by training with buoyancy shorts.
- Suitable for any level of triathlete who wants to refine their open water swimming technique whilst in a pool. Swimming in a wetsuit during a triathlon is very different to swimming without a wetsuit during a swimming race. The majority of your power needs to derive from your upper body whereas your legs and core provide the essential control. These shorts help develop your open water swimming technique whilst in the pool, where wearing a full wetsuit would either be too hot or banned by the life-guards.
- For use in open-water training or races as an alternative to swimming in a full wetsuit (when the weather is warm enough!).
- This product has received hundreds of positive reviews from swimmers who have seen significant improvements in body position, speed and endurance by training with buoyancy shorts. Despite the great feeling they give a swimmer in the water it’s best to only use these shorts during certain swim sets rather than the full session.