- A perfect companion to any triathlon training program, The Triathlete’s Training Diary offers an ideal way for you to plan, record, and better understand your workouts and performance. With undated pages for use any time of the year, this diary offers plenty of space for all the objective and subjective performance metrics you might want to track in a smart format that’s been carefully designed, tested, and refined by Joe Friel, the top coach in the sport of triathlon.
- The Triathlete’s Training Diary is wirebound to lay flat and flips easily so you can look up past workouts or settle your pre-race nerves by proving to yourself that you’ve done the work. This paper workout log is simple to use, never requires a login or password, and can be completely customized to meet your needs for any triathlon training schedule. This physical record of your workouts will reveal insights that don’t display on an online dashboard.
- Fully compatible with Joe Friel’s best-selling training programs like The Triathlete’s Training Bible, Your First Triathlon, Going Long, and Your Best Triathlon, this diary simplifies the planning and execution of your triathlon training.
- High-performing athletes know that a training diary is an invaluable tool. Whether they work with a coach or train independently, even elite triathletes keep a training log to hone their feel for performance, consolidate training data in one location, track their progress, monitor for injuries and overtraining, and reshape their goals throughout the season.
- The Triathlete’s Training Diary includes:
- Coach Friel’s introduction to the essential details of keeping a training log.
- Friel’s guide to planning out your season.
- Season goals, Annual training hours, Weekly training hours
- 53 undated weekly spreads.
- Space for every training metric like rest/recovery, weight, workout type, route, distance/time, average heart rate and power, zones, weather, heart rate, RPE,and your custom notes
- Room for two-a-day workouts.
- Weekly Summary charts
- Race Results Summary to log finish times, split times, pre- and post-race nutrition, efforts, and age-group rankings
- Physiological test results such as VO2max and lactate threshold.
- Training Grids to graph the data you choose
- Road and mountain bike measurements with space to note adjustments
- Your favorite routes and best times
- Season results summary
- Race day gear checklist